Playlist: An Insight To My Musical Taste

September 14, 2016 (Old Blog)

 As I've just started this music-themed blog I though a good idea would be for the reader to have a general idea of my musical taste. A completely unfiltered, not for show idea of my musical taste.

What do I mean by that?

 I mean a 10 song playlist based off the first 10 songs that play with my music on shuffle. And if any guilty pleasures come on, or any songs that I'd rather not share, I still have to put them on my first blog playlist.

 So, let's begin.

1. Things I Won't Get - FFS - FFS (A song from 'FFS', the collab album from Franz Ferdinand and Sparks. Am I glad it played? Yes. I remember buying this album and the fit guy that served me was all 'mmm good album' and I swooned. But yes good song, good album.)

 2. Gooey - Zaba - Glass Animals (It seems the shuffle gods are shining on me. A song from Glass Animals' debut album. Am I glad it played? I'd say so, although it is sometimes my go to song to freak out people who have never strayed further than the genre of pop.)

 3. Our Secret Life Alone - For The Love Of Letting Go - Kowalski (One of the Kowalski songs I have and rarely listen to. Am I glad it played? Not particularly, but I'm not ashamed, that's for sure. Honestly though, the only reason I ever listened to Kowalski is because Kevin Baird, from Two Door Cinema Club, has a brother, Paddy, who is in the band.)

4. Lithium - Nevermind - Nirvana (I'm not much of a 90's fan but I do have to odd Nirvana song. Am I glad it played? Again, not particularly but I'm sure this makes me seem like one of those cool, edgy girls who feel like they're born in the wrong generation. Maybe not a good thing.)

5. I Always Knew - Come of Age - The Vaccines (A favourite song of mine from the Vaccines, although there are many... Am I glad it played? I'm always glad when anything by the Vaccines is played.)

6. Fluorescent Adolescent - Favourite Worst Nightmare - Arctic Monkeys (My mum used to play this a lot. Am I glad it played? I guess, although it's not my favourite Arctic Monkeys song. In fact I don't think I have a favourite Arctic Monkeys song. Whatever. Spelling 'Fluorescent' was a challenge though.)

7. Photosynthesis - Here Comes Science - They Might Be Giants (Yes this is a science themed song from TMBG's 2009 kid's album. Am I glad it played? Not really, but laugh all you like, because these songs actually saved my science GCSEs and so I think we know who the real winner is.)

8. Warm Foothills - This Is All Yours - Alt-J (A relaxing switch. Perhaps too relaxing. Am I glad it played? Ehhh... makes me feel too sleepy to answer such questions, after all this is on my 'sleepy' playlist.)

9. To Lose My Life - To Lose My Life... - White Lies (A title track. Am I glad it played? Not particularly, but it has woken me up a bit, which is a bonus.)

10. Don't Stop Me Now - Jazz - Queen (One of the few songs I have on my boyfriend's behalf. Am I glad it played? I'd say so. It's a great song and Queen is a great band.)

And that's all folks.

Add this roller-coaster of a playlist to your music-playing device because this has to be the most varied playlist I will ever write for you.

Comments

Popular Posts